Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Praise the Lord for May 17th

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me bless his holy name. Psalm 103

We bless the LORD today for His presence covering over us like the cloud overshadowed the Israelites as they walked in the desert. We praise Him for being our Strength, our Hope, our Help, our Protector, and our Treasure today.

I praise Jesus today that He gave us a good deep sleep last night. We were hurting for sleep and He provided.

I praise Jesus that Beezi was back to be our interpreter today. He is an amazing man of God. Loving. Kind. Wise. I can’t wait to tell you his story but that will come later. He loves the Lord and knows His Word. He not only helps us to translate what people are saying but to discern what is going on.
I praise God we got to see the Adoption Avenues Foster Care home. The children there were precious and beautiful. When I see them I can sense how precious they are to God. One little 18 month old girl followed us around as we took the tour. She wanted to see her picture on the camera. I took a picture of her and showed it to her. She loved it. 

I praise the Lord for our Ethiopian Agency doctor who God used to save Little E’s life. He said when he went to the government hospital. He knew she was not properly being taken care of. Father God, please, please send Christ-loving, selfless workers to love these babies. Beezi said it is not a matter of resources but a lack of people who hurt for these children with the love of Christ.

I praise Jesus that when we went to see Little E this morning she ate very well.  When we walked into the hospital, she was laying down and her head was propped up on a pillow.  She was holding a chocolate in her non IV hand. It was melting all into her hand. Nanny H tried to feed her some but she did not want it. I asked if we could wash her hand. I washed her hand and wiped it on my jeans. They sat her up on the bed and brought her some pasta soup to eat. Jay fed it to her and she liked it and ate it well. It was so sweet to watch. She seemed very hungry. She ate every bit of the soup. A little boy from the orphanage was there too. He is 9 years old and learning to speak English. At the orphanage yesterday he started calling me “Mama.” So now all of the children there call me “Mama.” .The older children at the orphanage are so endearing. I feel like I have gotten to know them well. I love them. It gives me such a heart for adoption for older children.  I held and rocked Little E.

I praise God that we got to learn a little more incredibly valuable information from the orphanage workers about Little E and Big E’s story. Jay asked them some questions and Beezi was there to interpret and help us navigate what they were saying. Jay  got it in on video. We are so thankful to God for the information they gave us. They told us that when they first got Little E 5 months ago she was severely malnourished. This helps us explain why she was already malnourished when the Shigella hit.

I praise God for the opportunity to pray over Little E and the other 4 babies in the room. So they added another baby to Edil’s  room. The new baby is so little and just bones. She is beautiful and desperate. She looks like the smallest premie I have ever seen but with no fat. They do not cry. The workers prop a bottle on the side of their mouths and the babies eat until it falls out. I praise God we got to pray over them. God hears and I know His heart breaks for them way more than my own heart. We are broken to the core over it. 

I praise God that this afternoon we got to go back to the orphanage and see Big E. When we arrived the older children were playing on a mat outside with some of the toys we had brought. Jay scooped up Big E and we gave them all hugs and kisses. We sat back on the mat and played. Jay played soccer with some of the boys. Big E went back and forth between Jay and me to play. He knows the favored spot in my lap is his any time he wants it. He carried around a little block gun that they had made and shot at people. He is precious and energetic and fun. He giggles easily when we kiss or tickle him. I went and got some of the crayons and coloring pages we had brought and sat down with them to color. They were constantly showing me their work for approval. I replied with as much affirmation as I could, “Betam Tiroo. Gobez.” Very Good. Good job. Eyob cried again when we left. We ache for him.

I praise God that the orphanage workers have had so much favor on us. They are believers too and have been so gracious to us. Many families only get to see their kids 2 times on their visit and for only 1 hour per child. We have seen our children for several hours each day. God has had so much mercy in the favor we have enjoyed with these workers. The whole way in the van the orphanage worker talked to us and answered our questions. They have complimented how much we love the children.  Praise Him!

I praise God that we got to go back to the hospital to see Little E and the Agency doctor met us again to give us the letter we needed to appeal to the court and to the US embassy. He said that she looked like she was doing much better and you could tell just by her skin. We still have not seen her smile. We all prayed over her and the other babies. Jay held her hand to tell her good-bye and she did not want to let go. She just kept squeezing it.
Praise Him! The US Embassy said they would be willing to expedite our case.

I praise God for my amazing husband who has done an awesome job affirming and encouraging the workers. He seems always to say just the right thing. He is wise and encouraging and totally endearing. He is ministering to the prosperity gospel people here with the word of God. This is the Spirit of Christ in Him! Praise God!

We love you all and we are so thankful for you. 

Please pray that the court would rule in favor of expediting our case in our court tomorrow.

Please pray that our agency would be able and willing to get the documents together for us to get their birth certificates and passports.

Please pray the God would continue to heal little E. She is still very weak and fatigued. Her breath is short and she seems be struggling.

Please pray for Big E’s and Little E’s hearts as they learn to love us and sense our love for them. 

Jay twisted his ankle today. He may not be quite ready for the Harlem Globetrotters after all - He is in pain. Please pray God would heal it.

Tomorrow is a big day. We look forward to tasting of the Lord’s goodness to us. We praise Him! 


Jesus is the All-Satisfying Treasure!
Ashley Brown

8 comments:

  1. Jay and Ashley, I'm just sobbing reading your stories from Ethiopia. I could actually see you both playing with the kids as I was reading. What a beautiful blessing your family is for loving God so much!!! We love you and will be praying for all of your requests!!!

    Stephen & Christy Foss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joseph and I love following your blog at night. We are constantly thinking about you guys and all the children in Ethiopia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am hanging on y'all's every word an trying to picture the scenes you are describing. it's like a breathe of fresh air to see you literally clinging to God and not letting go. He will not let go either. Scott and I have been praying for favor for y'all while there. i praise HIm for the work He is doing in your hearts, and for how He is using you both there and here.
    love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praising and praying with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am envisioning everything you write....thank you for details and your example of selfless obedience to the Lord. Praying! - Em

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing God! Trusting in His love for all four of you in Ethiopia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gracious God! He has favored you greatly. I keep thinking about how God gave the Israelites bread IN ABUNDANCE (ps 105:40) and praise Him, He's doing the same for you. May He heal Jay, little E and continue to make your faith strong and unshakable. May your love for one another increase. We love you, Gina

    ReplyDelete