Friday, May 13, 2011

Pray For One Thing

We are at the airport about to get on our plane to Ethiopia and I just wanted to tell you some of our prayer requests. I really have 1.
1. This first prayer request is the foundation and filter of our other prayers. Please pray God would grant love, faith and joy in Jesus for the praise of His glory. not just more love, faith and joy for us but for us and you and my kids in Ethiopia, and my kids in Houston, and orphanage staff workers, and my parents, and our friends, and our kid's friends. We know this is the will of God for us. We do not know if health, or airplane flights on time are His will for us, but we know love, faith and joy are. I am praying our love for Jesus increases. I am praying He draws near to us and shows us more of His beauty. I pray our love for people increases. I pray our dependence on Him increases. I pray our trust in His goodness to us increases. I pray our joy in Christ increases as we experience His love and trust Him.
2. Please pray that our 2 children in Ethiopia would feel loved by us and by God.
3. Please pray we develop a good relationship with the orphanage manager and workers. Please pray we are able to meet with our children for more than 1 hour a day. We have heard this is determined by the orphanage director.
4. Please pray we pass court on May 18th. sometimes people do not pass court the first time.
5. Please pray our little Girl E continues to get better. We think she is still in the hospital, but off the feeding tube. She is continuing to get better.
6. Please pray we do the work of God He desires for us to do while we are there. We want to really sense from the Spirit the words or actions of faith He wants us to take. We feel like we are get to be the eyes for so many who would love to be in our spot. We want to see it well for you and communicate it well to you. This is a work of the Spirit.
7. We are going to get to meet our Compassion child, (we love Compassion International) and visit a compassion site next Thursday. Please pray for us to encourage their work and faith in Jesus.
8. Please pray for strength, faith and patience for my parents as they take care of my kids in Houston.
9. Pray that God would do a fresh work in us as we walk among orphans and the poor.

1 comment:

  1. Agreeing on every request you mentioned. We are thinking and interceding for you continually. All our love! Cas and Gina

    ReplyDelete