Saturday, May 14, 2011

Saturday night

It’s 7:11pm on Saturday evening and we’re at 37,000 ft.  I just looked up at the flight map monitor and saw we were over Southern Sudan.  My brother and friend, Peter Swann, has given his life for the people of this new nation.  As we fly over, I am challenged again by his words at the Aid Sudan banquet a few weeks ago that we should have joy-filled anguish for the lost.  What looks like empty dry desert to me from the airplane window is home to some of the most neglected and persecuted people groups in the world.  I am praying for the people of Southern Sudan their new found national freedom would be an impotence for an awesome work of God among them.  Oh God make their souls pant for You as a deer pants for water! 

 
His, jb

No comments:

Post a Comment